This oil pan stud kit is designed to eliminate oil leaks and stripped mounting threads on the block.
Due to the stud and nut design a slightly higher torque rating can be achieved when installing the oil pan, this will help seal the oil pan to the block. The other great benefit to a stud kit is no longer needing to remove / reinstall the bolts from the block every time the oil pan is removed, this will keep the threads in the block from being stripped out which is a very common problem on the aluminum parts of a rotary engine.
We have been using our stud kit for many years with great success over the stock oil pan bolts.
- Achieving a higher tightening torque
- Better oil pan seal to prevent leaks
- Engage all the threads before force is applied to eliminate stripped threads
- The added torque can also help stiffen the block slightly
- Removal and installation of the oil pan is easier and safer on threads
This kit includes all the studs and nuts needed for a 13b 2 rotor engine.
We also provide this stud kit for the 20b 3 rotor engine as well.